Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fatigue

Oh what man am I to be?
What song my lungs expel
the being in this mind
what words can I not tell?

Through life the things I know
and things that I could be
what does it take to know
what potential is in me?

What lies so deep within
this box of treasures bright
what darkness do I hold
that can be changed with light?

What man I ought to be
is less of what I know,
but what I cannot be
is what I now must show.

A record here is set,
a race too far to run
oh, what is left to tell
what else is left undone?

What state is this that I
the person that I am
can even bear the weight
like atlas I do stand.

Upon these feeble knees,
a poor and useless soul
deep down into my life
I beg for this control.

I seek for greater works
a higher light than mine
and after all I search
confused with what I find.

Answers so forthcoming,
yet I understand them not
my mind to try the word
the answer that I got.

It's something slow and searching
something I cannot say
and oh if God be willing,
I'll fight for one more day.

Poem #3
In the 6th stanza, the last line I couldn't really read Ed's handwriting so I'm not sure if it is supposed to say Atlas or not. Probably not, but I can't figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment