Saturday, March 13, 2010

Untitled

Why is my mind so feeble,
my heart less than it should
Why can't I manage all the things
my body thinks it should?

What things can be forgiven
What things can I still learn
Why are there things I wish for
for better days I yearn.

Like china, I am fragile,
like snowflakes so serene
but none could know the depth
or see who I have been.

When I feel alone and helpless,
when i find my mortal land
there's one I always turn to
or eventually I find.

Like looking in the mirror
his face sees through my soul
and finds me peace and comfort
when there's no self control.

He needs a heart that's willing
I pray that mine may be
I know that grace is calling
and he can set me free.

It's not that I deserve it
or by some merit won
for it's no prize I've taken
not for the things I've done.

These things are not recorded
nor on condition met
no; grace will come and find me
and bring me closer yet.

Save our souls, I beg thee
for lost out here at sea
are wary broken sailors
so many just like me.

A light on the horizon
comes cutting through the night
and upon my very asking
restores me to they sight.

And here I leave my epic
but my story never ends
for to my need my Savior
never fails to tend.

Poem #1: These are poems that Ed has sent home and asked me to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment